REGISTERED Cabler - Do I need one?

Do I need an Registered Cabler? Choosing your cabler is important and helps you get the job done.

You need an Registered Cabler for:

  • Network cabling
  • MDF Jumpering
  • Phone cabling
  • Cabling upgrades and repairs
  • Inserting and testing Patch leads 
  • Point to Point installations                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

ARCS completes installation for residential and commercial clients.

There are guidelines so all cablers are required to be registered. Although they MUST have an OPEN or RESTRICTED cabling license. And hold the appropriate endorsements.  This also includes all work relating to the NBN.

What is the difference between an OPEN and a RESTRICTED cabler?

RESTRICTED cabling licenses may be limited in what they can do such as socket replacements or MDF jumpering. They can not run any cable other than coaxial cabling for broadband internet.

OPEN licenses are unable to perform any type of cabling, UNLESS they hold endorsements attached to their OPEN REGISTRATION.

There are different endorsements.  These show what cables they can run. For example:

  • S (Structured Cabling). This allows the cabler to run, repair, or terminate data cabling.
  • O (Optical-fibre cable). Installation and testing.
  • C (Installation of coaxial cabling). RG6 or RG11.
  • T (undertake for the testing of data cabling)                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

You’ll need a registered approved cabler to install and terminate your cabling. For example to sockets, patch panels, or WIFI APs. A Registered Cabler can hold either license and complete most work depending on the registration class they hold.

Turn to the experienced technicians that you can trust to get it right the first time! 

Call ARCS today on 1300 638 311

Registered Cabler are Approved Technicians

Your technician will be licensed and certified. They are open cabling certified technicians. The technicians have extensive industry experience.  However mainly with a formal Telstra background. We regularly monitor our technician’s licenses and insurances and ensure they are current.

Our technicians operate in Sydney and surrounding areas. Which includes the upper and lower Blue Mountains.

Give ARCS a call today 1300 638 311 or visit our Contact Us page and get on top of your cabling needs.