ACMA Licence Cabler

Keeping you connected

Keeping you connected


Keeping you connected

ACMA Approved Technician - Do I need one?

So you are having troubles with your network cabling,  require cabling upgrades from the NTD? (Network Termination Device). Need phone cabling, network/data cabling installed or relocated?  So whether you require installation, repairs or MDF jumpering  Australia requires a licensed ACMA certified technician, for installation or maintenance on residential and commercial structures.

Under the guidelines of the ACMA, all cablers are required to be registered,  MUST have an OPEN or RESTRICTED cabling license and hold the appropriate endorsements to be able to undertake the work required.  This also includes all work relating to the NBN.

A cabler holding a RESTRICTED cabling license is as it states RESTRICTED and is limited to perform socket replacements or MDF jumpering, under no circumstances can a cabler holding a RESTRICTED license run any type of cabling other than coaxial cabling for broadband internet.

A cabler holding an OPEN licence is unable to perform any type of cabling in a residential home or commercial property UNLESS they hold endorsements attached to their OPEN REGISTRATION?

For example, a cabler holding the following endorsements  S, O, C, T is able to perform the following tasks.  S (Structured Cabling) this allows the cabler to run, repair or terminate data cabling, O (Optical-fibre cable) Installation and testing, C (Installation of coaxial cabling) RG6 or RG11 and T (undertake testing of data cabling)

So if you are looking to be NBN ready or already connected or require additional phone or data outlets, you'll still need a registered approved cabler to install and terminate your cabling to sockets, patch panels or WIFI APs.

Are ARCS technicians ACMA approved?

All ARCS technicians are fully licensed open cabling certified technicians and have extensive industry experience,  Mainly with a formal Telstra Background, we regularly monitor our technician's license and insurances to ensure they are current and up to to date.

Our technicians operate in Sydney and Surrounding areas including the upper and lower Blue Mountain.
If you need an ACMA approved technician, just give ARCS a call Today? to discuss your phone, Internal or NBN cabling & NTD Relocations or repairs, including both aerial and underground lead-ins.

Contact ARCS Today